Friday, July 3, 2009

#46 and the finish of #22


Aaaaaah....... Looking at this picture reminds of the peaceful hours I spent today. I grabbed Gatsby, my 12Stone blanket, and a Vitamin Water, and drove to Briscoe Park. It's been ages since I've been there... it's right around the corner from my house. I spotted THE perfect tree when I pulled in to the park and made a beeline for it. The weather was absolutely perfect today- especially in the shade. There was a constant cool breeze, and no humidity. Even though it was mid-day, I never broke a sweat.

#46-Spend an afternoon reading on a blanket in the park, completed.

And now for #22- I chose The Great Gatsby because it was one of the only books I remember I was SUPPOSED to read in high school, and because I've always heard good things about it. I finished it this evening, and what a TRAGIC book! From the unhappy marriages and well-known affairs, to a man who appeared to be loved by so many but in fact, had no one to even attend his funeral, not even the woman who professed her love to him. That used to be a fear of mine- dying alone. I know better now of course, but reading this book brought back the memory of those feelings of uncertainty and loneliness... It was a good book, but certainly was not a "feel-good" story. Hah! Glad I read it though... so much symbolism, etc in this book it makes me feel like I should write an essay. But of course, I won't. :-P

#22- Read a classic novel that I was supposed to read in high school (and never did), completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment