Thursday, July 2, 2009

#36 and #37 (and the start of #22)


Cook a full dinner by myself- so I really don't cook... and it's not because I'm not good at it. I actually am. :-P It's just that usually, I would only be cooking for myself, and it doesn't always feel worth it for just me. Or, I might cook something small- not what I would consider a "full dinner"- 'appetizer,' sides, entree, and dessert. My appetizer in this meal- homemade guacamole- was definitely an appetizer... so good I finished it before I started cooking dinner! :) I had to make some more. I cooked a mexican dinner- fajita style chicken, mexican rice, black beans- made soft tacos with ALL the fixin's... SO delish. Then dessert- chocolate brownies with hershey minis broken up and dropped in pre-bake. I added a scoop of black rasberry chocolate chunk ice cream and it was THE perfect compliment. :) It was a YUMMY dinner! I'm thinking I should have made this task "cook a full dinner by myself at least once a month..." I'm crossing it off the list, but I think I'm going to try to do a full meal at least once a month.


When I created my list of 100, relaxing in the bath was the first thing I thought of doing after adding cooking an entire meal to the list, so why not go ahead and follow through in real life since they went together so perfectly in my mind? :) I haven't had a bubble bath in a long time, partly because I feel like I never have time for a bath, and partly because I ran out of bubble bath (haha). When I was little, I hated showers and would beg my mom to take a bath instead. Funny how quickly we change our priorities as we get older. I also checked out The Great Gatsby from the library so I could start on #22. :)
Tasks #36 (Cook a full dinner by myself) and #37 (Relax in a bubble bath)- Completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment