Wednesday, August 12, 2009

#19

Eat ethnic food that I’ve never tried...

I am SUCH a picky eater. I am a creature of habit when it comes to a lot of things, but especially food. It's not that I don't like to try new things... it's just that I know what I like, so I stick with it. :)

A lot of you that know me, know that my ethnic food could have NEVER been Mexican... haha I joke that I was Hispanic in a past life because I literally could eat (and sometimes do) Mexican food everyday.

When Christina told me that she was going with her friend Caitlin to Zaya, I immediately knew I had to be "in." I had never even heard of the restaurant, and the menu looked REALLY ...interesting... in a good way of course. It was awesome! So good, I kept eating even after I felt like I was gonna pop. I ordered Chicken Shawarma with Baba Ghanuj and Yogurt Salad. We also ordered Falafel for an appetizer, which I had eaten in Europe last year and I didn't know there was even a place in Atlanta that served it! So yummy!! Our waiter, Gene, was hilarious... he was quite fond of our table (duh. three hot girls!!) and we enjoyed talking to him.

We finished the experience off with a hookah, then headed over to Dad's Garage for improv. We had a BLAST! Thanks Christina for making me try new things, and introducing me to Caitlin! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment