Saturday, January 30, 2010

#17

#17- Write myself a letter to open in five years...

Clearly, this would be somewhat personal, so I am not going to include the letter in this blog. I will copy the intro and conclusion of it though, so you can understand the purpose of including it on the list...

Dear Me,
I am writing this for you to read in five years. Trying to decide the advice, the hopes, and the predictions I have for you has made me think back over the last 5 years of your life and how much you have grown. This time 5 years ago, you had not graduated college yet. You were a “Christian” but really had no idea what it meant to be one, other than you believed Jesus died for your sins and lives in your heart. Your world had revolved around one guy for so long that you really didn’t have any close friends anymore. Your new boyfriend would end up playing a huge part in your “real” salvation. You finally graduated college with TWO degrees, became a teacher and a regular church-goer, and realized you would only be happy moving back to the area you grew up in. Little did you know, the move to Lawrenceville would change your life. You became an essential part of your church through small groups, and have so many friends that continue to grow you and influence you to be the best person you can.

(insert here...hopes, dreams, regrets, and private thoughts... :-P )

Wow. I just realized as I write this, you will be 31, almost 32, when you are reading this. I have seen a few of my friends turn 30, so I hope it wasn’t too bad for you. I think about you all the time- what you will be like in 5 years, 10 years, 20… some days, I feel like I hardly know you, and others, I feel like I’m the only one that does. I really do want the best for you, and I am so proud of how far you’ve come in certain areas of your life. Of course, there are still things that need work, but everyone needs work. I hope that you have continued to grow and learn in these five years.

I love you. And that’s important. I hope I still love you in 5 years. I have a feeling I will. :)
~Jessica


#17-completed.

1 comment: