Friday, June 25, 2010

#47 and #33

#47- Run a mile outside.

#33- Jump in a pool with all my clothes on.

I have ALWAYS hated running. Mainly because it was hard for me to breathe, it made my chest hurt, and those endorphins everyone talks about getting while they run? Yeah, my body is just fresh out of running endorphins. :-P But when I made this list, I thought, ya know, I should be able to run a mile. Outside. And you can see it took almost the entire year of my list to actually do it. Not because I was trying and failing, but simply because I DON'T LIKE IT. haha! I have a joke I tell my friends, "I only run for my life, so if you see me running, you better haul it, too!"

When I first created my list, one of my Amandas (because I have three) said that she would love to go run my mile with me, and then we can jump in the pool with all our clothes on to cool off. It sounded like a perfect plan to me! Being the true friend that she is, she got up EARLY on a Summer Friday (so we wouldn't die of heat exhaustion) and ran it with me- she had even clocked the half mile from the beginning of her neighborhood so we would know where to turn around and come back! There were a couple times where I really did think I might die, but I made it! And let me tell you, jumping in that pool after was AWESOME. A pool never felt so good...


#47 and #33, complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment