Sunday, April 11, 2010

Acceptance of God's Plan

Well, my last blog was written in excitement of the Haiti trip... but those of you that know me already know what I will say here... I was told that I wouldn't be able to go on this trip. I was so sad at first, and even a little mad that I had gotten so hyped up about it and now I wouldn't be able to go. Then, I realized that this was not up to me... that this was God's will, and if I was supposed to be going, I would be. I thought this was "the" trip- perfect timing, perfect opportunity, etc... I felt like I was finally ready to face my fear of being out of my element and be on a mission trip, but I've realized that MY "ready" is not HIS "ready."

It has taken me a long time to realize and accept God's plan- that He is in control. Saying it is so much different than believing it, and I said it for a long time... but I can honestly say that now, I believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment