Thursday, December 3, 2009

#88 and #14

Cook a turkey:

Pre-cooked herb-roasted citrus glazed turkey!


Basting!


Finally done!


My turkey has an outie! :-P
#88- done!

Drive down to Mema’s for a surprise visit:

Because of Mema's back surgery, she couldn't go anywhere for Thanksgiving. I had visited her twice, for a few days each time, to help take care of her. But I wanted to visit her this time just to be with her and make her happy... so Friday after Thanksgiving, I loaded some leftovers into the car and started off for Columbus. I called her after I had gotten on the road...
Mema: "What are you doing?"
Me: "Oh, just driving to bring leftover Thanksgiving to my Mema."
Mema: "......what?!"
Me: "Yup! On my way to see you now!"
She then proceeded to tell me four or five times "what a nice surprise" it was that I was coming to see her. She was so excited! We had such a nice visit, eating and just enjoying each other's company. The 2 hour drive there and back in one day was totally worth it just to know how happy she was that I surprised her. :)
#14-completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment